Rants, Links, and Photography.

Monday, February 6, 2012

Winter Rant

WEATHER


I haven't had much to say lately, been eating and sleeping well, therefore in a reasonably good mood, haven't been out except to shop and walk the dog, no reason to venture out voluntarily into the arctic air. Now as you may know this is a blog primarily about my distaste for the sun and all the angst and douchery associated with it and its mindless fans,  rarely will you ever hear me bitch about the cold BUT DAMN BITCH its been fucking COLD!!!! -24C that's, wait let me find my phone and convert...........yeah there it is....-11.2 FAHRENHEIT! So the sun doesn't seem as evil as usual (but just as some believe in the devil and that he/she can fool you into trusting their benevolence) the Sun is a malevolent trickster, don't trust it for an instant, just 5 minutes exposure will turn the tip of your nose red! Thankfully it is only present for about 6-7hrs a day at this time of year, I can sill avoid it for the most part by maintaining to my nocturnal schedule. I'm sleepy and content and sweat only when the dogs drags me too fast behind him, this is easily resolved by removing my hood to vent steam.  Sadly Spring is slowly starting to creep into my thoughts only 2 more months until the evil yellow orb takes control and turns the snow to mud and dust, exposing all the nastiness, thawing dog turds and beer cans left to rot under the pure clean of winter.  Only 4 months until the sun dominates the night......the thought depresses me I cant bear it......Must enjoy the next few weeks while it is still dark enough to sleep! 


POLITICS


It was election day here in Finland today, a very polite campaign was waged on both side's. One candidate was a dull grey  "conservative" (which by Finnish standards means he is for a free market economy and open minded on NATO) the other candidate was a dull grey member of the Green party, an openly gay man living in a domestic partnership with an Ecuadorian hairdresser.  Seriously! No bullshit check online if you like. Now this could have been a very interesting, colorful campaign, anywhere else in the world outside Scandinavia or San Francisco, but no..... everything is so fucking proper and "dignified" here no one would dare say a word or crack a joke, don't get me wrong I adore gay guys, I'm a massive old fag hag always have and always will be, what bugs me is that most people are too emotionally repressed here to openly comment one way or another on the topic in fear of somehow tarnishing the sacred dignity of the political process! The skinheads were silent (not that I actually know any) at least in public, they would just say "No, I cant vote for him" when asked why they would just grin and shake their bald heads and scratch their scragley goat beards and mumble "just cant" same with the old farts and tarts...Imagine polite Nazi's! It's just so very bizzare for someone used to FOX news. I wanted the gay guy to win if only to send a giant "fuck you" to the rest of the world and say "Hahaa, we're more tolerant than you! neener neener!" He did get about 37% of the vote which is quite respectable in itself and it is a source of pride to be in a country where this can happen, there may be only a dozen places on earth so open minded. The "conservative" guy is okay and he's about as right wing as Bill Clinton, so no worries there, the welfare state will remain intact. I have actually met the new president a couple times when I worked at a Jazz club in town and he seemed cool. I'm not worried about politics here in the least, but as for the other election the big one that impacts the entire world in November, that is starting to concern me a bit.......more on that, much more later.


Photos by me

No comments:

Post a Comment