Rants, Links, and Photography.

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Insomnia and a broken stove

First the carafe of my vintage coffee maker shattered because someone spilled on the burner, didn't wipe it up, leaving the glass stuck to the burner as I stood there with just the handle in my shaking hand. Being too cold (and groggy from lack of coffee) for a green flea market trek to purchase a new jug, refusing to spend an obscene amount on an entire Italian designed Chinese assembled replacement system at the nearby shopping center, being too young to know how they boiled coffee in a pot on the stove in the olden days I had a revelation,

 Instant coffee!


 Not since London in the 80's had I savored its rich freeze dried crystals, Now I grew up in Seattle so I know coffee and I love coffee, never did I think I would drink instant again, but it's actually fine. I don't miss the "real" stuff at all. it's way better than tee. So now I'm hooked on the brown crystals and of course last night the stove craps out as my gentleman friend is in the middle of making his favorite school cafeteria style ground beef gravy and boiled potatoes. I don't eat boiled potatoes cause they are gross and for rubes, I would have made basmati rice for myself  but instead I had yesterdays leftover lunch cold pasta salad and a cup on gravy for dinner as he paced and freaked for an hour. Once he shut up and sat down to sulk. I had a moments peace to E-mail the super. I wasn't about to put in an emergency after hours call, you can live without a stove for a few days if needed, So now I'm having a nice warm cup of microwaved water with instant coffee and creamer. The stove seems to be working again since we flipped the circut switch, now just dreading when the super, calls and saying it's fine., feel like such an overreacting 'tard.The only trouble with the instant it just does not have the same caffeine efficiency as regular and I need a kick now to get to the store on the bus in a snowstorm AGAIN.....

No comments:

Post a Comment